Aftercare 24/7 - 365 days a year We are here to support you day and night. Our doctors are always available to advise and assist you until you are fully recovered. Checkups can always be scheduled at your request and are free of charge!
After most surgical procedures you need to keep in mind that your normal activities will be limited for a while. Your surgeon will inform you in detail about the recovery period for your particular operation.
Allow yourself to rest and plan your social activities carefully.
- Follow carefully the specific instructions you have received from your doctor.
- Make sure that you spend the first 24 hours after you get home with a responsible adult.
- You can return to your normal eating pattern at home unless instructed otherwise by the doctor.
- Avoid alcohol the week after your operation.
- Avoid clothes that are too warm, baths, saunas, pushing, lifting, squeezing, coughing, sneezing and emotional excitement.
What could be an emergency?
Call us immediately if you experience any sign of abnormal healing such as:
- Any inflamed areas
- If you feel generally unwell
If you have any concerns during your recovery, please contact us at any time.
Free follow-up consultations
Checkups after your treatment are an important part of the procedure. The post-operative consultations are included in the treatment plan.
It is important that you keep the appointment for your checkup.
If you cannot or do not wish to return to the Wellness Kliniek for the check-up appointment we request you to send us an update on your recovery and a picture of the result.
We know it's tempting to take off bandages and stitches before the recommended time. However, it's very important to follow the surgeon's guidelines for optimal results!
Aftercare for patients that travel a long way
Our cosmetic surgeons recommend the following:
- MIBIS Breast enlargement, liposuction, male breast reduction, eyelid surgery, hair transplantation, and dentistry: you can usually book a flight two days after your cosmetic surgery.
- Breast reduction, breast lift, arm lift, thigh lift, facelift, nose correction and abdominoplasty: We recommend you stay between three and five days before taking a flight.
Patients that require special aftercare are advised to stay in Belgium until they make a full recovery.
When you return home you can contact your surgeon 24 hours a day.
Most stitches are dissolvable. You can visit your general practitioner or nurse for any stitches that do need to be removed.
All our aftercare within Wellness Kliniek is included in your treatment. Aftercare treatment carried out outside of Wellness Kliniek is not.
Wellness Kliniek is specialized in minimally invasive procedures, no further professional aftercare is usually needed once you have left Belgium.