Body Lift - Torsoplasty
A Body lift, also called torsoplasty reshapes your middle and lower body. In a Body Lift procedure the surgeon removes excess skin from the abdomen, hips, thighs and buttocks.
A Circumferential Body Lift - Torsoplasty - is usually performed following extreme weightloss.
Circumferential Body Lift
After significant weightloss you could consider having a tummy tuck + buttocks lift performed in one procedure. We call this procedure torsoplasty or a circumferential body lift.
The plastic surgeon makes an incision around the entire circumference of the body. The exact position of the incisions varies from one person to another. The scar usually runs in a circle from hip to hip.
- The treatment can be performed under intravenous sedation.
- The excess skin between both incisions is removed.
- The incisions are brought together and closed.
- Usually the patient stays at the Kliniek overnight.
- Recovery generally takes around 6 weeks.
- The definite results are visible after a year following the operation.
Body Lift after losing weight
- Circumferential body lift or torsoplasty
- also called belt lipectomy or post-bariatric lift.
- Loose skin is removed from the torso.
- Abdomen and buttocks are lifted at the same time.
- The operation lasts between 2 and 4 hours.
Body Lift scar
- The post-operative scar runs in a circle
- from hip to hip
This treatment is available in a variety of procedures. Sometimes it is desirable to have a full abdominoplasty - abdominal wall correction - buttocks lift and thigh lift, performed in separate procedures. You can find more information about these treatments on the following pages:
Is this treatment suitable for me?
You must have the right motivations for considering Body Lift surgery. The exact position of the scars, the risks of the treatment and details of post-operative recovery will be discussed with you at length beforehand.
The plastic surgeon will examine all the possibilities and suggest the best treatment for you, for safe surgery and the most beautiful results.
You can of course also make use of our special Next-Day-Surgery Service.
We try to keep our waiting lists as short as possible and can usually see you within 6 weeks for this particular procedure.