Your stomach operation at the Wellness Kliniek
The stomach operation procedure
After all the preliminary examinations have been done and your intake consultation has taken place you are ready for your operation.
It is important that you are well prepared for the procedure. We strongly advise that you be accompanied (by a responsible adult: friend /partner), the day before the procedure and the days after.
- The day before the procedure you will take a laxative medication and a sleeping pill: this means that you will not be fit to drive yourself the next day.
The laxative medication, Prepacol, (10 ml.) needs to be mixed with fruit juice and taken in the afternoon around 16.00. The 4 pills, which go with it, need to be taken with the evening meal. As a result you will experience about 5 bowel movements. At about 22.00 you take a Temesta 2,5 to help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Important! From midnight, the day BEFORE your operation, you must not eat or drink anything. The sleeping pill and laxative medication will help with this as well as encouragement from the watchful eye of your companion/partner.
The next morning you present yourself at the clinic at the pre-arranged time.
Day 1: Admission and operation
- It is important that you present yourself on time at the reception.
- After the procedure you are taken straight to a single patient’s room.
- You sleep. You may receive visitors between 19.00 and 20.00.
- You stay the first night at the Wellness Kliniek.
Day 2: Operative care
You stay a second night in the Wellness Clinic.
You may receive visitors between 14.00 and 20.00.
Day 3: You are discharged
- In the morning you are examined before being discharged.
- Someone picks you up. You are not fit to drive yourself.
You rest. It is important that you walk around and sit in a chair. You may not stay in bed all day long.
Day 5: Final Examination
You come to the Wellness Kliniek to be examined by your surgeon.
24 / 24 hour Service
During your operation and recovery we are there for you day and night. You are given the Wellness Clinic’s medical emergency number as well as your surgeon’s personal mobile phone number. If you have any concerns or problems don’t hesitate to contact your surgeon.
We are there for you day and night, 365 days a year!