MACS lift: Prices, before & after photos for MACS Lift surgery with ISO Quality Guarantee, Belgium and the Netherlands.
MACS lift is an abbreviation for 'Minimal Access Cranial Suspension-lift': which means a "Minilift with vertical suspension of the sagging tissue, through a small incision'. The MACS lift was a revolutionary new procedure. This technique added a number of advantages of a full SMAS facelift to the traditional Minilift.
The MACS lift is therefore an improved Minilift: ideal for men and women with advanced signs of aging.
The advantages of the MACS lift are:
- Short procedure: 1.5 - 2 hours
- The procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis
- Local anaesthetic or intravenous sedation
- Corrects muscle and connective tissue using vertical lifting
- Permanent thread for Cranial Suspension
- Natural-looking effect
- Long-lasting results
- Fast recovery: 7 to 14 days
- Small scar: in the fold in front of the ear
- Safe, with very few complications
Facelift: results before and after a MACS Lift
MACS lift : 'Minimal Access Cranial Suspension-Lift'
- Minimal Access = Short scar.
- Cranial Suspension = Lifting towards the crown and affixing with several strong, permanent sutures.
Producing a stunning and natural result.
The secret of the MACS Lift
This method achieves a long-lasting lift. This is also the secret of the invisible scars: all the tension is subcutaneous: there is barely any traction on the skin itself. Your sagging neck, lower chin and cheeks are corrected subcutaneously and only a very small amount of skin is removed.
The tension on the skin and the subcutaneous tissues is applied in a vertical and not a horizontal direction. This prevents the face from looking as though it has been 'pulled taut' and the rejuvenating corrective procedure produces a completely natural look.
MACS Lift: the treatment
Stunning, natural lifts
1. The incision is made in the crease in front of the ear. The incision follows the natural crease in the skin so that after a few months the scar is barely noticeable.
2. Through this incision the plastic surgeon detaches the skin from the cheeks up to the corner of the jaw near the neck.
3. The underlying muscles are tightened and lifted vertically.
4. Excess fat under the chin can be sucked away if necessary via a small hole the size of a pin-prick.
5. When all the subcutaneous skin structures have been corrected the skin is tightened so that it looks natural.
6. Excess skin is removed and the small incision in front of the ear is stitched up.
The MACS facelift is often combined with another rejuvenating treatment: eyelid correction, liposculpture of the lower chin, filling the wrinkles around the corners of the mouth. Botox or an eyebrow lift can help to correct wrinkles on the forehead. A dental treatment or lipofilling could be an option to compensate for the loss of bone in the lower jaw.
The plastic surgeon will provide you with advice about the options during your consultation.
Anaesthetic & Recovery
You indicate your choice of anaesthetic during your consultation with the surgeon. A MACS Lift can be performed under local anaesthetic but if you prefer you can also have intravenous sedation. After the procedure you sleep for a while at the Wellness Kliniek. You can already return home the same evening. You can resume your normal daily activities between one and two weeks later.
Your appointment for a consultation
Our plastic surgeons are specialists in facelift surgery. This is why we offer a whole range of surgical facelift procedures and techniques.
During a no-obligation consultation the surgeon will discuss all aspects of the treatment: which method is best, the expected results, possible risks and aftercare.
We try to keep our waiting lists as short as possible. We can usually see you within 3 weeks for a facelift.
Opt for quality
If you are considering facelift surgery it is important that you select a good clinic and plastic surgeon. After all, your face is your calling card!