Eyelashes & Eyebrows: Implantation - transplantation
- Eyelashes: since 2005 the Wellness Kliniek hair team has been using a new transplantation technique (according to Gandelman). The Wellness Kliniek is progressive and we were one of the first to apply this new technique. Since then we have gained considerable experience in the Gandelman method. Our patients are very satisfied.
- Eyebrows: the surgeon chooses head hair with the correct fine structure and curvature of your original eyebrows. Each hair is carefully isolated and transplanted at just the right angle. In this way the surgeon can reconstruct part of an eyebrow or an entire one, giving a perfectly natural result.
Eyelash and eyebrow restoration: Transplantation - Implants
Eyebrows and eyelashes can be lost in various ways, through:
- Trauma: accidents, burn wounds, etc.
- Illness and medical treatments.
- Congenital abnormalities
- Hereditary factors
- Epilation or pulling them out yourself
- Cancer treatments: radiation, chemotherapy, surgical removal of a tumour.
The surgeon places the hairs with extreme care in the eyebrow area or on the eyelid so that it gives the most natural looking result.
Some important steps in eyebrow or eyelid transplantation are:
- Careful microscopic cutting of each individual hair or graft. (donor area)
- Placing each individual hair or graft in the eyelid or eyebrow.
- Carefully taking into account the angle or direction of growth so that the natural line of hairs is meticulously followed
Eyebrows and eyelashes are important features for the symmetry of the face. Someone who is missing eyebrows or eyelashes can feel self conscious about their physical appearance. Hair transplantation can offer a solution in this case.
Micro-surgical hair transplantation can restore the eyebrows and/or the eyelashes as well as the patient's self confidence.
Eyelash implantation: eyelash transplantationUnder local anaesthetic the surgeon takes micro-grafts from the scalp and implants the harvested follicles,the permanent hairs,into the eyelid. The grafts are divided into single follicle units. Any excess fat, dermis, and epidermis is trimmed away to make each micro-graft as small as possible. After anaesthetising and protecting the eyelid with a protective shield the hairs are implanted one by one into the eyelid. Every hair follicle is implanted individually: all micro grafts are single follicle hairs, placed into the eyelid with the utmost care, using a very fine transplanting needle. The procedure takes about one to three hours. After transplantation, the new eye lashes grow longer than natural eyelashes and therefore need regular trimming.
This exceptionally sophisticated microsurgical procedure results in everlasting growing eyelashes. This means that the length of the eyelashes can be determined by the patient.
Eyelash and eyebrow implants: eyebrow reconstructionUnder local anaesthesia the surgeon takes grafts from the scalp area and implants these to the eyebrows. Some people may wish to correct defects in the eyebrow; others may wish to fill out patchy eyebrows. Missing hairs or defects can be caused by scars, accidents, burns, or a medical condition. The grafts are taken from the rear of the scalp, and are divided into single hair follicle grafts, which are then implanted one by one to the eyebrow. Eyebrows may require several hundreds of single hair grafts, depending on the extent of the reconstruction.
The hair surgeon pays particular attention to the direction and angle of the growth of the eyebrow hairs. The surgeon can successfully transform patchy or missing eyebrows into natural-looking eyebrows.
About 90% of newly transplanted hairs survive and create full eyebrow.
Eyelashe and eyebrow implants: Aftercare for eyelash and eyebrow transplantsBoth eyelash and eyebrow transplantation yield very positive results, with few complications. Bleeding is minimal, there is no visible scarring, and the overall results are extremely natural.
Itching is the most common post-operative side-effect. Scratching can be a risk for infection. The surgeon will in this case prescribe medication to relieve itching and glasses may be worn to deter scratching.
As the transplanted hairs grow in their new position they may require a little extra care such as occasional trimming and "training" with some gel or wax.
Your appointment for a consultation
Every eyelash and eyebrow transplantation is an extremely personal and unique procedure and the doctor must first make a thorough analysis in order to achieve the best results. Not everyone is a suitable candidate. A comprehensive pre-examination is therefore essential.
You can discuss all your questions and wishes duing your consultation with the doctor. During the consultation it will become clear which operation is most suitable for you and what exactly you can expect.
We try to keep our waiting times for hair implantation surgery as short as possible. For most hair restoration treatments we can usually see you within four weeks.
To make an appointment for a consultation it is best to contact us by phone.