Fellowship in aesthetic surgery | plastic surgery
3 months at the Wellness Kliniek will begin the experience of a lifetime
Since 1996, Wellness Kliniek is a specialized hospital in cosmetic surgery and has since then performed over 50.000 esthetic surgery procedures. Today, with well over 5000 surgeries every year, we are proud to rank amongst the largest cosmetic surgery hospitals in Europe.
The department of plastic surgery has been awarded ISO 9001 / EN 15224 Quality certification since 1999.
The Wellness Kliniek team has developed some innovative techniques in the field of cosmetic surgery.
Some of these unique advancements include:
- Anesthetics for cosmetic surgery.
- Operations are on outpatient basis. Overnight stay is very rare thanks to advanced techniques.
- Minimal invasive breast augmentation surgery through 3 cm incision.
- Wide experience in liposuction and lipofilling procedures.
Clinical fellowship program FAQ
- What are the eligibility requirements?
In order for the candidates to be eligible for the program they must:
- Be a junior plastic surgeon with at least two years of post specialist experience.
- Be able to communicate well in written and spoken English or Dutch or French.
- Do I need registration with the Belgian Medical Council.
Registration with the Belgian Ordre des Medecins is not a requirement, but an advantage. Any fellow who wishes to stay longer than 3 months should apply for registration with the Belgian Ordre des Medecins (http://ordomedic.be)
- Is there an application fee?
- What is the deadline for applying?
All applications will have to be submitted in full by the 1st of September of every year. The medical general assembly will then consider the applications and choose the most suitable candidates. Fellowships will be awarded within two weeks after the submission deadline.
- Can I participate in the program for less than 3 months?
The duration of the program can be determined by your self or your plastic surgery department. Our consultants recommend a minimum stay of 1 month in order to experience the full range of procedures.
- Is accommodation provided?
The program will be absolutely free of charge and the fellow will also be granted free accommodation, upon availability.
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- C.V. + photo
- A copy of the specialist in plastic surgery diploma and proof of valid registration with the Medical Council of the country where the candidate is practizing at the moment.
- A letter from the candidate describing his/her interests and motivation.
- A letter of recommendation from the professor or head of your plastic surgery department and/or sponsor.
When can you join?
Our esthetic surgery fellowship program is booked until December 2017. The medical board will evaluate candidates for 2018.
The are a few places left in 2017, for short term visits, for plastic surgeons with EU diploma specialist registration only.
Dr. Linda Visser
Dr. Luc Damen