MACS lift: Prices, before & after photos for MACS Lift surgery with ISO Quality Guarantee, Belgium and the Netherlands.
MACS lift is an abbreviation for 'Minimal Access Cranial Suspension-lift': which means a "Minilift with vertical suspension of the sagging tissue, through a small incision'. The MACS lift was a revolutionary new procedure. This technique added a number of advantages of a full SMAS facelift to the traditional Minilift.
The MACS lift is therefore an improved Minilift: ideal for men and women with advanced signs of aging.
The advantages of the MACS Lift
The MACS Lift is characterised by a small scar and a quick recovery period, just like the minilift. With a MACS Lift the subcutaneous tissues (fat, connective tissue, muscles) are also corrected. The MACS Lift is a less extensive facelift technique if compared with the Deep Plane SMAS Face and Neck Lift, but still gives very good, natural results.
The MACS-lift: "Minimal Access Cranial Suspension Lift" means 'the vertical suspension of sagging tissue'. Through a small incision at the front of the ear the sagging tissue (connective tissue and muscle) is pulled upwards using internal thread and secured in place (=vertical suspension). The vertical lift gives a natural-looking effect. Securing the subcutaneous facial structures in place (Cranial Suspension= towards the crown) ensures an extra firm and longer-lasting result.
During the consultation with the surgeon you decide which anaesthetic you would like to have. A MACS Lift can be performed with a local anaesthetic but if you prefer intravenous sedation this is also possible. After the procedure you rest for a while at the Wellness Kliniek .You return home the same evening and can resume your normal daily activities within 1-2 weeks.
The advantages of the MACS lift are:
- Short procedure: 1,5 - 2 hours
- The procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis
- Local anaesthetic or intravenous sedation
- Corrects muscle and connective tissue using vertical lifting
- Permanent thread for Cranial Suspension
- Natural-looking effect
- Long-lasting results
- Fast recovery: 7 to 14 days
- Small scar: in the fold in front of the ear
- Safe, with very few complications
MACS Lift: the treatment
- The incision is made in the crease in front of the ear. The incision follows the natural crease in the skin so that after a few months the scar is barely noticeable.
- Through this incision the plastic surgeon detaches the skin from the cheeks up to the corner of the jaw near the neck.
- The underlying muscles are tightened and lifted vertically.
- Excess fat under the chin can be sucked away if necessary via a small hole the size of a pin-prick.
- When all the subcutaneous skin structures have been corrected the skin is tightened so that it looks natural.
- Excess skin is removed and the small incision in front of the ear is stitched up.
Your appointment for a consultation
Our plastic surgeons are specialists in facelift surgery. This is why we offer a whole range of surgical facelift procedures and techniques. A Minilift, MACS lift or SMAS Face and Neck lift: they are all tailor-made surgery! Our surgeons have extensive experience in the complete range of minilift and facelift techniques and will, in consultation with you, determine the best surgical technique for you, to achieve the most beautiful and natural long-lasting results.
During a no-obligation consultation the surgeon will discuss all aspects of the treatment: which method is best, the expected results, possible risks and aftercare.
During this consultation the plastic surgeon will assess whether you are a suitable candidate for a Minilift, a MACS lift, a WELLNESS lift or a Deep Plane SMAS Face and Neck lift. The doctor will make an assessment and advise you about which surgical minilift or facelift technique is most suitable for you and will fulfil your expectations.
To make an appointment for a consultation it is best to contact us by phone.
We try to keep our waiting lists as short as possible. We can usually see you within 6 weeks for a Minilift, MACS lift or facelift.
Special offers! Save up to 40% on usual rates!
Premium Private Health Care in Belgium
The Wellness Kliniek Belgium is a licensed Health Care Hospital. Our surgeons are fully trained in their aesthetic specialty. Wellness Kliniek Genk, Limburg, disposes of cabinets for aesthetic dental treatments, theatre rooms equipped with high-tech equipment for surgery and recovery care.
Wellness Kliniek Belgium carries the international standards organization quality certificate ISO 9001 & 14001 for all its medical and surgical activities. Read more on how to make a safe choice